Weekly Stewardship of Treasure
We ask all registered parishioners to offer on-going gifts to the parish through one of the following methods:
1. Monthly Parish Envelopes mailed to your home to be brought to church (Please contact Parish Secretary to receive monthly envelopes for you and your family).
2. E-Giving (a monthly or semi-monthly automatic deduction from your checking or savings made directly to the Parish).
3. Online Giving
The parish gratefully accepts gifts of cash and marketable securities. Bequests and life insurance proceeds are also accepted. Memorial contributions honoring living and deceased loved ones are encouraged.
Any of the above listed gifts can be specified by the donor for use by the church, school, or Capital Development Fund.
West Virginia Catholic Foundation
The West Virginia Catholic Foundation is a non-profit, public charity created to provide a means for individuals and organizations to ensure long-term financial viability for charitable, religious, and educational institutions of the Catholic Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston including St. Michael Parish.
St. Michael Parish currently has 4 funds with the WV Catholic Foundation:
- St. Michael Parish Wheeling Capital Improvement Fund
- St. Michael Parish Wheeling Maintenance Endowment Fund
- St. Michael Parish Wheeling Ministry Endowment Fund
- St. Michael Parish School Wheeling Endowment fund
The Foundation accepts gifts of cash and securities and is managed by the Foundation Board. For information on the St. Michael Parish funds with the WV Catholic Foundation, please contact the Parish Finance Office at 304.242.1560.
Bequests for the benefit of the parish and school may be included in your will. The wording should include the following: “… the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, or his successors in office, for the use and benefit of St. Michael Parish, Wheeling…”
Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable trusts may also be set up to benefit St. Michael Parish as well as donors and surviving family members. Please consult with your attorney when considering planned giving opportunities.